The first time you run Camelot, you’ll be taken to the ‘Create Survey’ screen. Now would be good time to explain what a survey is, and some other important concepts in Camelot.
- Survey: a survey corresponds to a research project. All of the data collected will be part of a survey.
- Camera: a single, physical camera. Each camera should be given a name and labeled.
- Camera Trap Station: one or two cameras installed at a very specific location.
- Site: a geographic area. Typically multiple camera trap stations will be in each site.
- Media: a photo from a camera trap.
With terminology out of the way, onwards to creating a survey!